MG has announced the winners for its Dealer of the Year Awards at its annual Dealer Conference, alongside the official unveiling of the new electrified MG ZS SUV.
The Dealer Conference and Awards welcomed more than 130 representatives at the Birmingham ceremony, and officially unveiled the new electric MG ZS EV.
Nathaniel Cars took the overall accolade for Dealer of the Year, as more than 20 MG dealerships and their much-valued staff were recognised for their outstanding performance during 2018, with runners-up gongs going to Eric Stead, WH Brand and Apple MG.
MG’s head of sales and marketing, Daniel Gregorious, said: “After an incredible 2018, during which we doubled our sales volume, it was a huge privilege to recognise the dealerships and people who made it possible.
“This is a real team effort and we’re delighted that our dealers were able to join us in celebrating the sales growth that we achieved together. 2019 will be another exciting year for MG with exciting product launches on the horizon and the UK’s best value-for-money cars in our showrooms”.
Dealers also heard about “Momentum & Growth”, MG’s mid-term sales plan which aims to drive the business to treble its sales volumes over the coming years.
Significantly, MG also used the Dealer Conference to announce the launch of its aftersales customer retention programme, an initiative to generate increased service profitability through the rapidly growing MG parc.
2018 Dealer of the Year Award Winners
- MG Dealer of the Year 2018 – Nathaniel Cars (Cardiff & Bridgend)
- MG Dealer of the Year 2018 Runners up – Eric Stead MG (Sheffield)
- MG Dealer of the Year 2018 Runners up – WH Brand (near Spalding)
- MG Dealer of the Year 2018 Runners up – Apple MG (Gravesend)
- MG Biggest Selling New Dealer 2018 – Norfolk Motor Group (Norwich)
- MG Fastest Growing New Dealer 2018 – Summit Garage (Dudley)
- MG Highest Achievement Versus Target 2018 – Chorley Group (Chorley)
- MG Best Selling GS Dealer 2018 – NT Shaw (Louth)
- MG Best Off-site Product Placement – Frasers of Falkirk
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Tony Johnson, Toomey (Basildon)
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Cliff James, OC Davies (Neyland)
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Craig Durrant, Norfolk Motor Group (Norwich)
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Paul Carmedy, Fred Henderson (Durham)
- MG Sales Manager of the Year 2018 – Ray Pacasio, McMillan Motors (Greenock)
- MG Highest Accessories Sales Volume of a New Dealer 2018 – Norfolk Motor Group (Norwich)
- MG Highest Accessories Per Registration 2018 – Cambridge MG
- MG Highest Parts Purchases 2018 – Summit Garage (Dudley)
- MG Highest Parts Sales Growth 2018 – Arnold Clark (Rutherglen)
- MG Highest Training Days Completed 2018 – Brown and Gammons (Baldock)
- MG Most Trained Certified MG Technicians 2018 – Brandon MG
- MG Customer Care 2018 – WH Brand (near Spalding)
- MG Technical Management 2018 – Nathaniel Cars (Cardiff & Bridgend)
- MG Service Manager of the Year 2018 – Paul Carr, Eric Stead (Sheffield)