York Van Centre was named Isuzu UK’s 2019 Dealer of the Year at the Japanese car brand’s recent annual awards ceremony.
A total of 15 awards were handed out during the event, which was held at The Boiler Shop, in Newcastle, with the North Yorkshire-based operation claiming three, including the overall Dealer of the Year accolade.
In addition to the awards giving that was central to the evening’s proceedings, many dealer staff were accredited as Pick-Up Professionals at the ceremony after completing their training programme.
The Pick-Up Professionals accreditation allows staff to become specialists in Pick-Ups and well versed in specifying bespoke trucks to meet customers’ needs, however unique they may be.
Isuzu UK managing director, William Brown, handed out the awards and accreditation on the night, with help from Isuzu dealer training manager, Donna Jeffrey, and head of sales, Alan Able.
Brown said: “Congratulations to all the nominated and winning dealers on their amazing achievements.
“Plus, a huge well done to the Isuzu network on their commitment and efforts to make 2019 a real success for Isuzu.
“2020 looks to be even more successful with amazing offers and an exciting new model; it will be a great year for the whole Isuzu family.”
The full list of awards and winners:
- Sales Dealer of the Year - Roger Young Limited
- Accessories Dealer of the Year - York Van Centre
- Accessories Sales per Unit Dealer of the Year - Oliver Landpower Ltd
- Parts Dealer of the Year - Roger Young Limited
- Contract Hire Dealer of the Year - Roger Young Limited
- Finance Dealer of the Year - David Taylor (Garages) Limited
- Fleet Dealer of the Year - Motus Commercials (Derby)
- Marketing/Social Media of the year - York Van Centre
- Most Improved Dealer of the Year - AF Dawson & Sons (Cross Keys Garage)
- New Dealer of the Year - Tanners Electrics Limited
- Customer Care Dealer of the Year - Bob Gerard Limited
- Pick-Up Professional of the Year - Walter Dillon, Howards of Carmarthen
- Dealer Principal of the year - Richard Cook, Warrington Vehicle Centre Limited
- 2019 Dealer of the Year - York Van Centre
- Special Appreciation Award - Pater Eakin, Eakin Brothers Ltd
In August last year Isuzu UK celebrated the addition of seven new dealerships to its UK network, bringing the total number of franchisees to 105.
Last year’s new additions follow a flurry of five new dealers appointments for the Japanese brand back in 2018.
The newly appointed dealerships in 2019 were: Otter Vale Motor Services in Honiton, Harris Truck & Van in Gateshead, Madeley Heath Motors in Keele, M. M. Bellinger & Sons in Oxford, Trelawny in Penzance, Compass Tractors in Bridgewater and R W Crawford in Writtle.
If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.
Login to comment
No comments have been made yet.