Inchcape was named Group of the Year and Pinkstone Cars’ Stoke franchise Centre of the Year at Lexus UK’s 2020 ‘Centre of Excellence’ awards.
The two car retail groups were among nine franchised operations to receive top awards from the Japanese premium brand for their achievements in a year dominated by challenges posed by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Presented in a virtual ceremony, the ‘Centre of Excellence’ awards reward high achievement across a range of business operations, including customer experience, sales, value chain (aftersales), business performance and marketing.
A new category for remote selling was also introduced to this year’s awards in a bid to offer special recognition of retailers’ response to the COVID-19 pandemic, with Mitchell Motor Group claiming the prize.
John Roe, meanwhile, claimed two awards. The group’s Hill dealership was recognised for its aftersales operations with the ‘Service’ award and also claimed the brand’s Omotenashi accolade for customer service.
- Have you submitted your buisness' AM Awards 2021 entries? Click here to beat the May 24 deadline.
Paul Fricker, general manager Lexus operations, praised the strong performance of Lexus’ franchised retailers in 2020, which resulted in a record high share of the premium market and an outstanding performance in retail sales.
Lexus finished 2020 with a market share of 0.56% (2019: 0.50%) after its new car registrations declined 12.64%, to 13,727 (2019: 15,713) in a market down 29.4% overall.
The brand also retained its title as the top-rated new car retail franchise in the National Franchised Dealers Association (NFDA) Dealer Attitude Survey Winter 2020/21.
“These record market share performances demonstrate the increasing appeal of our self-charging hybrid range of vehicles and the significant efforts made by everyone in the network in 2020,” said Fricker.
“The way the network has adapted to work with remote selling tools, click and collect, video consultations, online transactions and by appointment only, has demonstrated the agility and adaptability of our centres.”
The winners of Lexus UK’s 2020 ‘Centre of Excellence’ awards were:
- Service: Lexus Hull – John Roe (Hull) Ltd
- New Car Purchase: Lexus Croydon – Jemca Car Group Limited
- Omotenashi (customer service): John Roe (Hull) Ltd
- Value Chain: Lexus Tunbridge Wells – Motorline Limited
- Remote Selling: Lexus Chester – Mitchell North West Limited
- Conquest Marketing: Lexus Stoke – Pinkstone Cars Limited
- New Car Sales (lower volume): Lexus Belfast – Charles Hurst Limited
- New Car Sales (higher volume): Lexus Sidcup – Jemca Car Group Limited
- Group Award: Inchcape PLC
- Centre of the Year: Lexus Stoke – Pinkstone Cars