Vertu Motors celebrated the achievements of ‘game-changing’ colleagues throughout the UK at the company’s annual awards event.
The CEO Awards recognise the company’s top-performing colleagues from each area of the business who have delivered exceptional performances and produced outstanding results.
Vertu Motors chief executive, Robert Forrester, hosted the awards at the 18th century mansion, Oulton Hall, in Leeds.
The company’s board and management teams nominate a shortlist of managers each year who have impressed at the Group’s outlets, and in central services at its headquarters in Team Valley, Gateshead.
Forrester reviews each individual nomination before personally selecting the most significant performers in each area of the business and deciding who wins an award, in nine different categories.
“The CEO Awards is something I always look forward to and enjoy, because they highlight the people who possess what I like to call the ‘unteachables’, in our business,” said Forrester.
“These talented individuals have outstanding qualities you simply can’t teach, including passion and determination, and the awards underline the huge number of talented game changers we have in the Group who take responsibility and add a lot of value to their role.
"Vertu Motors now has more than 500 managers, so to be nominated is a great achievement in itself. To win means that you have really impressed the senior team through hard work, focus and determination. Congratulations to all the winners!”
The winners were:
- General Manager of the Year - Paul Walton at Bristol Street Motors Hyundai Peterlee,
- Company Person of the Year - Kelly Sirmond at Bristol Street Motors Nissan Halifax,
- Sales Manager of the Year – Gary Streeter at Macklin Motors Ford Dunfermline,
- Service Manager of the Year – Keeley Daines at Bristol Street Motors Vauxhall
- Chingford, Business Manager of the Year – Tim Watts at Vertu Honda Boston, Parts
- Manager of the Year – Gareth Davies at Farnell Land Rover Leeds, Bodyshop
- Manager of the Year – Alan Clarke at Vertu Volkswagen Nottingham South, Workshop
- Controller of the Year – Emma Bird at Bristol Street Motors Renault Derby and Central
- Services Person of the Year – David Johnson at Vertu House in Team Valley, Gateshead.