Role: Vehicle Technician
Days: £31,481.00 per annum
Working Hours: 4on 4off 7:00-19:00
Working Hours: 4on 4off 18:00-6:00
Location: Corby Geddington Road
Due to company success and expansion, we are looking for a Car Mechanic / Vehicle Technician for our BCA Corby site. Within this role, you will be working as a part of our experienced mechanical team carrying out general services, and repairs.
Our Technicians are rewarded with a competitive salary and overtime opportunities! Not only could you be servicing and repairing premium vehicles and working within a dynamic and hard-working team you will receive relevant training, which will enhance your career development helping you progress in your career with us.
This location of a BCA is easily accessible from different local cities- Wellingborough, Kettering, Northampton, Stamford, Oakham, Market Harborough, Rushden, Rugby, Thrapston & Peterborough.
Our recruitment process will include phone interview with our Talent Acquisition Specialist. This will be followed with an on-site interview and site tour with the site manager or a supervisor.
Who are we?
We’re the biggest name in Europe’s vehicle remarketing industry, selling 1.3m vehicles per annum, across 60 locations and with a turnover of £2billion. We believe our people are the best in the business, they are friendly, expert and professional.
Main purpose of the job:
Within this role, you will be working as a part of an experienced workshop team, ensuring our vehicles are finished to the highest standard for our customers, under the support and guidance of the supervisor and Workshop Manager.
- Carry out general servicing of vehicles.
- Undertake general tyre changing duties for a variety of vehicles.
- Undertake road and ramp testing and inspection as and when required.
- Carry out all repairs in line with approved methods to restore the vehicle to its original condition.
- Plan and organise time effectively to ensure all tasks are completed within set deadlines, achieving efficiency.
- Assist with general workshop tasks as and when required
- Diagnose problems on vehicles in the workshop and if needed undertake electrical diagnosis on vehicles
- Deal with warranty repairs in line with manufacturer standards
- Ensure all the relevant documentation is accurately completed and all company procedures are followed
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a similar role as a Vehicle Technician / Mechanic
- Qualified to City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3 (essential)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Willing to support junior techs and offer support/expertise when needed.
- You will be passionate to work within the motor industry and take pride in their work, to the highest standards of work set by customers
- You will need to work independently on vehicles and have experience to make decisions when required
- Excellent attention to detail
Benefits of working for us...
- Deals and discounts on new cars for you and your family
- Access to BCA Rewards, which provides online and in-store discounts with a range of retailers such as Asda, Tesco, Boots, Ikea, Currys and many more…
- Company Schemes that include Eye Care Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme & Referral Scheme
- Trainings, Courses & Apprenticeships available for all staff
We try to make working for BCA rewarding in every sense, including a positive work environment, training and development opportunities as well as exciting career options. If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.