SYNETIQ is the largest integrated salvage and vehicle recycling company, formed to become the most innovative and trusted business in the industry. We are a fast paced, progressive business that leads the way in raising industry standards. We continually innovate ways of working, deliver great value, ensure industry-leading compliance and offer a fantastic customer experience.
By recycling and reusing vehicle parts SYNETIQ has saved over 6 million tons of CO2 over the last two years. As part of our ongoing commitment to sustainability, we are pleased to announce that we recently achieved accreditation from The Carbon Literacy Project, which includes the roll out of Carbon Literacy training across its workforce.
What’s the role?
SYNETIQ are currently recruiting an Engine Prepper at our site in Gloucester, working full time Monday to Friday.
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the preparation of engines for sales and to be added to our stock. The Engine Prepper is a core part within the dismantling process and is responsible for checking and dismantling engines into the component parts meeting in line with health and safety regulations.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Ensure engines are not seized, and determine engine performance for requirements of reconditioning, stripping for parts or moving to alternative dismantling areas
- Dismantle engines removing pumps, cats, alternator, starter motor, catalytic convertors etc. and check parts for damage and quality
- Label the engine with each part considering the size, year of the car made, make and model, and store securely
- Record stock levels and decide the storage location of engines, move engines to forklift to deliver to the correct store location on racking, and arrange for engines to be recorded onto the database.
- Ensure that all works are undertaken in accordance with health and safety standards, that all tools, equipment and forklifts used are properly maintained in accordance with best practice and that the workplace is kept in a clean, safe and tidy condition at all times
- Ensure that all paperwork and electronic records are completed accurately and on time
What kind of person would be suited?
- Have a good knowledge of vehicle engines
- Have an extensive range of tools to use to dismantle parts
- Have good computer skills, with the ability to adapt to our bespoke parts software
- Have good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner
- Work well on your own or as part of a busy team
- Strong communication skills
- You will need to be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and multitask methodically
Hours of work
Monday – Friday 08.30am – 5pm