General Sales Manager
Western Toyota Newbridge
High on target earnings + Toyota Company Car
At Eastern Western Motor Group, we believe it’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and family. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training.
Does this sound like you?
- Enjoy constantly meeting new people and building rapport and connections
- Have strong communication skills and enjoy presenting ideas to others
- Have management experience and wish to build on this
- Have centre experience and sales experience
- Passionate about the automotive industry and wish to work for the largest manufacturer in the world
Key Job Competencies
Lead the Sales Team
- Ensure all members of the Sales team understand the implications of The Toyota Way for their role and monitor their performance against agreed customer service targets (e.g. CRS and dealer’s own surveys)
- Lead the Sales team by personally demonstrating and encouraging the skills and behaviours associated with The Toyota Way
Manage performance to achieve key targets and deliver continuous improvement
- Monitor individual and team performance against agreed sales targets (volume and profit), work with the GM and TGB field staff to review progress and develop action plans where appropriate
- Manage and motivate the Sales team to ensure that key activities (e.g. sales prospecting and follow up) are delivered to plan
- Manage the Sales Administration team to ensure that key processes and documentation are delivered to agreed standards and timescales
- Continuously review and improve sales processes and systems to deliver increased levels of customer satisfaction whilst maximising profitability
- Work with colleagues across the dealership to investigate and resolve customer complaints
Manage and develop individuals
- Monitor staff training needs, ensuring training and development plans are in place and up to date for all members of the team
- Work with individuals to address performance issues e.g. by providing coaching
- Assess potential recruits for the Sales Team
Provide advice and sign-off on key issues
- Decide the dealership’s display layout and vehicle mix for new/used cars in line with guidelines, ensuring the correct display of all point of sale materials
- Work with the Parts/Aftersales Manager to agree accessory displays for the dealership
- Work with Sales Executives to approve all part exchanges and purchases of used cars
- Sanction and manage any paint or repair work on part exchanges/used cars or preparation work on new cars, ensuring all vehicles meet the correct standards for sale or display
- Agree goodwill gestures and customer discounts
- Work with the CP/GM to design local promotions and advertising, negotiating with relevant suppliers to achieve the best possible terms and monitors results accordingly
- Control used car stock value and mix in line with budgeted levels, negotiating with local dealers and specialists to sell 'trade on' vehicles in order to maximise margins
Works as a full member of the centre team
- Work with colleagues and other teams across the dealership to provide a seamless service to customers (e.g. by informally observing and responding to the needs of customers who are not being attended to by other members of staff)
- Ensure opportunities for sales by other teams are followed up by the most appropriate specialist
- Act as a full member of the dealership’s management team to take the business forward
- Also manage own customer base and covers for Sales Executives as required
In addition, we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Enjoy your birthday off on us every year!
- Staff Discount - We offer excellent discounts on new and used car purchases, parts and servicing across all our brands.
- Cashpoint - Cashpoint is our retail discount partner. You can save hundreds of pounds on everything from holidays to your weekly shopping!
- Generous Holiday Allowance - Your free time matters to us! We offer all our employees 30 days annual leave each year (pro rata) which increases with length of service!
- Your Family Matters - As a family run Company, your family matters to us. We offer our employees a pension plan, death in service scheme and access to our staff saving club. We also offer free corporate passes for Five Sister Zoo, Almond Valley and many more local attractions!
- Giving Back - We are proud to support charities and organisations that work to improve the communities that matter to us. In the past we have raised thousands of pounds for local charities by organising events from white water rafting to charity raffles.