Mechanical background? Car Tuning Mechanic - learn how to tune!
Do you have a mechanical background and a passion for car tuning? We have just the company for you looking to train individuals within car and supercar tuning. Whilst experienced Tuners are welcome, the company will train you from scratch if you have no experience so long as you have knowledge about and a passion for cars, engines and vehicle tuning / modification. This is essential.
If you have that then you will get a chance to be involved in the following:
* Complete a programme of tuning workshop training, as appropriate to experience
* Assist with vehicle tuning, modifications and dyno sessions
* Assist in building and communicating customer quotes
* Liaise with key suppliers as appropriate
* Assist with customer bookings and orders
* Provide general tuning workshop support for the Workshop Team and the Directors
* Be a point of contact for our customers arriving at the workshop
* Take a supporting role in sales (as service and product knowledge increases)
* Maintain excellent levels of customer service while at work
* Work with the Team on the development of new business opportunities
* Liaise with the workshop team in relation to the efficient running of the workshop
* Be involved in planning and delivering shows and events.
What do you need to have?
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
* Good mechanical skills
* Good customer service skills
* The ability to develop sales skills with support
* Good basic written and verbal communication skills
* Good organisational skills
* Good IT skills
* Good basic maths skills
* The ability to work well in a busy environment.
They will also:
* Be keen and willing to learn
* Hold a full driving license and have access to their own vehicle
* Have a 'can do' attitude
* Have the ability to multitask
* Have a good understanding of appropriate online conduct
* Be confident in dealing with people in a variety of situations
* Be able to travel to different locations occasionally for events and shows.
As said earlier, having knowledge about and a passion for cars, engines and vehicle tuning / modification is a must in this role. We would also expect a successful candidate to have a basic mechanical background of some sort. However, excellent customer service skills and the right attitude are also important in this role.
This is usually a Monday to Saturday role, with a much shorter day on a Saturday. However, we are happy to consider applications from people who would like to discuss different arrangements around working hours. Due to this being a trainee or junior role with a steep learning curve, it is expected that the role will be a minimum of five days a week.
A bit about the company
There are some exciting things happening in the coming year, so there are likely to be opportunities for the right candidate to get involved in some new projects and events, a great chance for someone wishing to start or build a career in this industry.
For more information send your CV to (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.