Role: Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Salary: Basis salary around £27,000-£29,000 (depending on experience and qualifications) + uncapped individual bonus – OTE Up to £38,000
Location: Colchester, CO1 2GN
Full Time and Permanent
Monday to Friday – 8.30am-5.00pm and working 1 in 3 Saturdays
Would you like to work as part of one of the south-east’s most well-respected dealerships? If the answer is yes then we have an exciting opportunity for you as our client is looking for a new Motor Vehicle Mechanic / Technician to join their growing team in Colchester.
Our client is investing in their business and they will also invest in you and your career!
22 days annual leave + bank holidays
Performance and loyalty-based incentives.
Company pension scheme
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out the servicing, repair and inspection of customer and Company vehicles as instructed.
- To diagnose vehicle faults.
- To operate according to technical literature and the Service Procedure Manual where necessary, as well as using skill and experience.
- To comply with Warranty Procedures as laid down in the Service Procedure Manual.
- To ensure customers’ vehicles are kept secure and clean at all times.
- To attend training courses as required.
- To support and implement the Company’s Quality System and carry out the responsibilities documented in the relevant procedure manuals.
- To maintain a neat personal appearance.
- To keep your allocated work station clean and free from any rubbish, scrap or unmarked spare parts.
- To be fully flexible so as to be able to cover a wide-ranging variety of duties which may be required of any employee of the Company at any time and in any area of the Company’s operation, as deemed necessary by the Managing Director, Finance Director or relevant Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified – City & Guilds 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent (may consider someone with Level 2 qualification if they have a good background)
- Demonstrate ability to manage processes, administration and paperwork.
- Have previous Automotive Technician experience. Ideally you will also have an MOT Testing qualification and some main dealership experience
- Demonstrate ability to support, coach, and counsel and develop colleagues and junior team members and to deliver high standards of technical advice, service and maintenance to all customers.
- Full driving license held for a minimum of 6 months with fewer than 9 penalty points.
- Evidence of ‘Right to work in the UK’
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Jonathan Sweasey at Colin Pybus Recruitment