Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is a main distributor for Volvo Truck, Bus and Coach throughout the North West of England and North Wales.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and our aims are to be the best supplier to the best customers and to be the best employer to the best employees.
Thomas Hardie prides ourselves on providing excellent levels of customer service first time every time. We value our people highly and want to invest in them by providing the right levels of support and skills required to really make a difference in the products and services which we provide. Training and development are an integral part of our business and we regard the development of our employees as fundamentally important.
Working for us you would be representing a brand whose industry-leading innovations make you proud as well as working for an award-winning employer who have been named Volvo's Dealer of the Year for an impressive 3 years running!
Are you ready to share your talent and enthusiasm with us?
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated, professional, and versatile individual to join the Parts Department based at our Preston site working an alternating shift pattern:
Week 1: Monday to Friday inclusive from 6am to 3pm.
Week 2: Monday to Friday inclusive from 11am to 8pm.
Plus Saturday overtime from 7am to 2pm as required on a rota basis.
Reporting to the Parts Supervisor, with the emphasis on customer satisfaction, you will be responsible for offering any additional parts and accessories to customers and up-selling wherever possible. Identifying, locating, and picking parts for workshop staff and customers by means of acquired knowledge, parts catalogues, and computer stock lists.
Other duties within the role will include:
- To receive stock into the department and correctly locate items.
- Recording deliveries and maintaining a signature for the receipt of goods.
- Collect returned goods and issue receipts.
- Perform internal & external stock checks with customers as required.
- Process & record all causal parts and core units.
- When driving on Company business, carry out vehicle checks as required.
- Collect parts from other depots as and when required.
- Maintain good housekeeping duties.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Previous experience within a Parts role and/or within the industry, including customer service experience.
- Numeracy and literacy skills to a level to deal with parts documentation.
- The ability to identify parts from parts catalogues and electronic media.
- Understand basic commercial vehicle make-up.
- Excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills.
- Be competent in the use of a stock control system.
- Be well organised and confident and able to work well under pressure.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience of Parts AS400 or similar system is preferred.
- Full and current UK driving licence. A forklift licence would be advantageous.
- We offer class leading rates of pay
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Enhanced paternity and maternity benefits.
- Loyalty holidays.
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities.