Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is a main distributor for Volvo Truck, Bus and Coach throughout the Northwest of England and North Wales.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and our aims are to be the best supplier to the best customers and to be the best employer to the best employees.
Thomas Hardie prides ourselves on providing excellent levels of customer service first time every time. We value our people highly and want to invest in them by providing the right levels of support and skills required to really make a difference in the products and services which we provide. Training and development are an integral part of our business, and we regard the development of our employees as fundamentally important.
Working for us you would be representing a brand whose industry-leading innovations make you proud as well as working for an award-winning employer who have been named Volvo's Dealer of the Year for an impressive 3 years running!
Are you ready to share your talent and enthusiasm with us?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual to join our multi award winning Used Vehicle Sales Team at the Middlewich Depot in the capacity of Valeter/Labourer working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, from 8am to 4.30pm.
Reporting to the Used Truck Business Development Manager, the main job function will be to prepare both Used and New vehicles to the very highest standards.
The focus of the role is to reach the best possible standards of cleanliness and presentation through the acts of deep cleaning interior valets, machine polishing and high gloss paint rectification and meticulous steam cleaning to achieve a show room finish.
Other duties will include on site vehicle movements and vehicle washes as instructed and minor mechanical tasks, e.g., fitting number plates, replacing mirror backs.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Be confident and well organised
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work on their own initiative as well as in part of a larger team
- Be able to work well under pressure and have pride in their work
- Full and current driving licence is essential
- Minor mechanical improver skills and basic valeting skills.
In addition, the following would be beneficial:
- Previous experience within the industry and in a similar role
- Experience of machine polishing, high gloss paint correction and steam cleaning would be an advantage however full training will be provided.
- FLT/HGV licence would be preferred but is not essential.
- We offer class leading rates of pay
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Enhanced paternity and maternity benefits.
- Loyalty holidays.
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities.