Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for ……
Based at our AVONMOUTH VMU Branch you will be responsible for overseeing the daily running of the workshop, booking in of work and prioritising the workload to meet customer needs.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
- Ensuring there is a steady flow of work through the workshop.
- Estimate both mechanical and body repairs to vehicles and trailers.
- Liaise with external and internal customers to ensure work is authorised.
- Liaise and negotiate with parts department to ensure parts availability and ensure service exchange and warranty parts procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure customers’ service schedules, MOT and O Licence requirements are maintained, schedule, book and control MOT appointments.
- Provide technical support to the workshop and external customers.
- Monitor job cards and service documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Oversee all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to within the workshop.
- Ensure the provision and ongoing condition of workshop tools and equipment, arranging purchase, repair and calibration.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness is maintained within the workshop in order to maintain the company image and a safe working environment.
- Supervise workshop staff, including monitoring of timekeeping and productivity, authorising overtime, identifying training needs.
- Ensure service/inspection documentation are correctly completed and customer defect procedures adhered to.
- Assist in maintaining a daily flow of quality job cards to Service Administrator/Costing Clerk for costing/invoicing.
- Check and issue sublet order numbers to specialist/external agents and to arrange/plan such works as required.
- Work within credit account limits and obtain necessary authorisation.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- LGV/HGV licence
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build and manage relationships with customers
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
- Flexible approach to working hours
- GCSE standard in Maths, English and at least one science subject
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to organise own workload and that of the team
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.