Strong demand for nearly new Fiesta and Ka drove wholesale prices to record results as Ford of Britain launched the models onto the used car market.
An auction at BCA Nottingham, open to only Ford franchisees and approved buyers, saw new Fiesta achieve an average of 85% of cost new and Ka achieved an average of 80% of cost new.
Jon Wellsman, Ford of Britain's sales director, said the prices achieved were Ford's best result at a first-time launch action.
"We were hoping for around 75 per cent and so the results exceeded our expectations and confirmed that we have a desirable small-car line up," he added.
Highlights of the sale were:
- Fiesta 1.4-litre Titanium 3dr petrol - £11,400 (87% cost new)
- Fiesta 1.6-litre Zetec S petrol - £11,650 (86% cost new)
- Fiesta 1.4-litre Titanium 5dr petrol - £12,200 (87% cost new)
- Fiesta 1.4-litre TDCi Zetec 5dr - £11,500 (88% cost new)
- Fiesta 1.6-litre TDCi Econetic - £11,150 (83% cost new)
- Ka 1.2-litre Style petrol - £7,600 (88% cost new)