Skoda has been named the best car manufacturer at this year’s Which? Awards after scoring 89% for its customer score, 79% for its dealerships, 81% for service and 79% for reliability.
Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, Mazda and Volvo were also short-listed for the award.
Peter Vicary-Smith, Which? chief executive, said: “Skoda is a car company ideally suited to the times, as people demand more but want to pay less.
“It offers a great range of reasonably-priced, well- built cars and, perhaps most significantly, it outperforms its VW Group sister brands (Audi, Seat and VW) when it comes to the quality of customer care.”
Which? Awards winners:
- Best Airline: Air New Zealand
- Best Audio-Visual Brand: Panasonic
- Best Car Manufacturer: Skoda
- Best Domestic Appliance Brand: Miele
- Best Financial Services Provider: First Direct
- Best Online Retailer: johnlewis.com
- Best Retailer: Richer Sounds
- Best Technology Services Provider: O2
- The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year Award: The Swan at Southrop (South West)
- Which? Local Business of the Year: SMD Electrical Services Ltd, Surrey (South East)
- Which? Consumer Champion: Stewart Mackenzie