JudgeService, a web-based provider of car dealer reviews, has compiled a list of common customer gripes, with sloppy vehicle preparation at No.1.
The top five complaints, based on 50,000 customer reviews, were:
1. Customers unhappy with the valeting of their vehicle
2. Customers unhappy with mechanical preparation
3. Customers unhappy with attitude of salesperson
4. Customers unhappy with explanation of paperwork
5. Customers unhappy with part exchange deals
Dale Woodley, sales director at JudgeService, commented: “When you look at the common reasons for negative feedback, it’s around things that are quite simple to put right.
“Some basic staff training and greater attention to detail when preparing cars will make all the difference.”
The company points to research by Deloitte suggesting that 82% of customers are influenced by positive reviews from other customers.
James Reeve, group marketing director for Pentagon Group, added: “We’ve been using JudgeService for over a year and it has given us some great web content and very positive reviews for both sales and servicing.”