West End Garage in Edinburgh beat the other 130 dealerships in Skoda's UK dealer network to scoop the brand's Retailer of the Year Award for 2021.
Skoda said the top spot is based on consistently excellent performance throughout the year, taking into account sales, aftersales and customer satisfaction.
The win was a welcome recognition for West End Garage Skoda, which came second last year. And while the awards were announced remotely, as the broadcast ended its boss Daniel Houghton received a great surprise visit from new Skoda UK brand director Matthew Bowden and marketing director Kirsten Stagg to celebrate the win.
West End Garage was joined this time on the retailer awards podium by second-placed Simpsons Skoda of Great Yarmouth - which had ranked third last year - and DM Keith Skoda of Grimsby in third place.
Skoda UK also presented category awards as follows:
- People Excellence Awards to Simpsons Skoda of Great Yarmouth, DM Keith Skoda Huddersfield and DM Keith Skoda York.
- Customer Experience Award to Howard Abraham (Motors) of Lurgan.
- Digital Experience Award to Listers Skoda in Coventry.
- Service and Parts Award to West End Garage in Edinburgh
- Most Improved Award to Specialist Cars Skoda in Dundee, part of John Clark Motor Group
- Used Vehicle Sales Award to Marshall Skoda in Harlow
- Finance Award to Arbury Skoda at Leamington Spa
- Fleet Sales Award to Vindis Skoda in Cambridge.
Kevin Rendell, head of sales operations, Skoda UK, said: “The last 12 months have continued to throw challenges to our retailer network, who I am proud to say have been nimble and adaptive to ensure that our customers still receive the very best service.
"Huge congratulations goes to the Edinburgh team at West End Garage Skoda, who have enjoyed a brilliant year and set a high standard for business excellence.”