Volvo Cars Poole and its approved bodyshop partner Poole Accident Repair have taken the top accolade at the first Volvo Bodyshop & Retailer High Achiever Recognition Awards.
The awards recognise the achievements of the network’s approved bodyshops and their associated retailers.
Throughout 2017, 80 bodyshops, aligned to 123 retailers were scored according to a range of different criteria, including how the bodyshop has "embraced the Volvo brand".
On winning the top award, Volvo Cars Poole’s retailer principal James Litton said: “We are delighted our bodyshop partner was recognised in this way. It reflects the company’s dedication to our brand and the close working partnership we have developed.”
A Ruthin Castle in North Wales ceremony brought together the best performers in the country before the outright winner was announced.
The regional winners are:
- SMW Belfast and Agnew Accident & Repair Centre (Scotland, Northern Ireland and Cumbria)
- Rybrook Chester and Inchcape Accident Repair Centre (North England and North Wales)
- Marshall Cambridge and Marshall Bodyshop Cambridge (North England, East Midlands and M1 Corridor)
- Sturgess of Leicester and Sturgess Bodycraft (Midlands)
- Donalds of Ipswich and DJ Mackenzies (East Anglia and South Midlands)
- Volvo Cars North London & AD Williams of High Wycombe (London and South East England)
- Kastner Exeter and Sowton Body Repairs (South West England, South Wales and Channel Islands)
- Volvo Cars Poole and Poole Accident Repair (South England)
- Lookers Colchester and Chaplane (wildcard – highest ranked bodyshop outside of the regional winners)
- Volvo Cars Slough and Citygate Slough Body & Paint Centre (best newcomer)
All the winners received a trophy and £1,000 worth of Secret Escape vouchers.
Volvo Car UK’s body and paint programme development manager Steve Plunkett said: “Competition was fierce throughout the year, with the top three performers changing position in this time. It was extremely tight, with just a few points between them.
“However, both Volvo Cars Poole and its bodyshop partner Poole Accident Repair embraced the programme from the moment they joined the network, despite both being relative newcomers to the brand.
“It is vital that we recognise the work carried out by our network’s bodyshop partners.
"Their hard work and dedication ensures a Volvo undergoing repairs meets our exacting standards, and they are crucial in helping us maintain the brand’s reputation for safety and service.
"It was a great pleasure to present Volvo Cars Poole and Poole Accident Repair with the overall winner’s award.”