Auto Trader has named the Skoda Octavia as the Best New Car of 2018, at the Auto Trader New Car Awards.
All the award winners were decided by votes from 43,000 car owners, rather than a judging panel.
Consumers decided the winners based on lifestyle factors like reliability, running costs, appearance and practicality.
Participants were also asked about their overall satisfaction with their cars and how likely they would be to recommend it to others.
Winners of the Auto Trader New Car Awards 2018:
- New Car of the Year: Skoda Octavia
- Best Family Car: Skoda Superb
- Best Car for City Driving: Ford Kuga
- Best Value New Car: Kia Rio
- Best Car for Long Distances: Hyundai Tucson
- Most Fun Car to Drive: Mazda MX-5
- Brand with the Best Car Features: Nissan
- Best Car Launched in the last year: Volvo XC60
- Best Value Brand: Dacia
- Best Car for Dog Owners: Honda Civic
- Most Reliable Brand: Lexus
- Best Car for New Drivers: Kia Rio
- Best Green Car: Volkswagen Passat GTE Estate
Erin Baker, Auto Trader’s editorial director, said: “For the second year running, we wanted to use our New Car Awards to put the power back in the hands of consumers – and to recognise the brands that are doing things right. The Auto Trader New Car Awards champion the aspects of driving and car ownership that really matter to drivers and that aren’t always obvious in the buying process – like reliability, safety, running costs and driving experience.
“Our winners have the seal of approval from real owners, which we hope will make finding the right new car much simpler for car buyers. Congratulations to all our well-deserving winners for continuing to push the boundaries of innovation and offering car buyers fantastic choice to suit every budget.”