Industry reaction to the UK Government's planned 2030 ICE new car ban, analysis of dealer agency models, insights into Citroen UK's three year strategy and Armchair Marketing co-founder Lee Manning's thoughts on its new podcast partnership with AM all feature in the new issue of AM magazine, available here.
Plus, there's an early preview of some of the outstanding content lined up for Automotive Management Live Virtual on January 20-21, the AM Dealer Recommended suppliers as voted for by AM readers, a review of the Mercedes-Benz EQV luxury electric MPV, and insights into how dealers can successfully bring new staff on board remotely.
Plus Kia Bolton product genius Lucy Ford shares her thoughts on how fellow millennials must help car buyers understand what electric and hybrid cars are about and how they can fit into people's lives.
And don't forget the magazine's monthly Guess The Car competition, where one lucky correct entry will win a £20 voucher.
I suspect many of us will be glad to see the back of 2020. Who could’ve imagined this time last year that we would be starting a new decade with such disruption to our home and working lives?
We’re all painfully aware of the negatives of this year. So I want to pick a few positives out of the experience:
- Dealerships quickly prepared for the ‘new normal’ of socially distanced workplaces, on site PPE and appointment-only sales, helped by the rapid creation of a COVID-19 car sales best practice guide by the NFDA and SMMT.
- OEMs came to the table quickly to support their networks, and once out of lockdown many dealerships experienced a strong ‘bounce-back’ of trade.
- Used car margins strengthened for many as a sustained slowdown in the remarketing sector left demand exceeding supply and kept vehicle values strong.
- The Financial Conduct Authority delayed implementation of its new motor finance and SM&CR rules in recognition of the pressure dealers were already under due to the pandemic.
- Analysts suggest motor retail has evolved seven years in seven months, gaining more experience of digital or omnichannel trading than ever.
On a personal note, I’m thankful to the AM team for adapting rapidly. We all left the office in March and haven’t been back since. Thanks to technology we’ve seamlessly brought AM readers more breaking news, magazine interviews, live webinars and presentations than ever before.
And we won the Newspress Business Publication of the Year Award! It's always really uplifting to get such recognition.
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May all the best bits of our pre-pandemic lifestyles return in 2021.
If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.
Login to comment
No comments have been made yet.