Mazda is bringing a virtual reality test drive experience to five Intu shopping centres in the UK.
The retail tour will offer customers the chance to experience a 360 immersive virtual reality test drive of either the MX-5 or the CX-5. Each of the events are being done in partnership with a local Mazda franchised dealer.
Using VR goggles while seated in each car, participants will be transported behind the wheel to experience a virtual drive along the winding roads of the Italian Alps (MX-5) or around the Longcross test track in Surrey (CX-5).
Shoppers that request one will be sent an interactive brochure sent by SMS or email after their test drive.
The campaign is being supported by advertising across Intu centres and on its online platforms.
Claire Andrews, Mazda UK marketing director, said: “The innovative use of VR Technology brings Mazda alive to consumers in a way that a traditional static display can’t do.
“This will bring people much closer to the vehicle itself, allowing them to appreciate the quality of both the interior and exterior of the car. We filmed the Mazda MX-5 on location in Italy earlier this year and we can’t wait to see people taking a virtual Alpine drive in the MX-5.”
The Mazda UK VR shopping centre tour will take place at the following shopping centres:
- 7th – 8th July, intu Trafford Centre, Manchester (partnering with RRG Mazda)
- 21st– 22ndJuly, intu Victoria Centre, Nottingham (partnering with Sandicliffe Group)
- 28th – 29th July, intu Milton Keynes (partnering with Brayley Milton Keynes)
- 4th-5th August, Cabot Circus, Bristol (partnering with Wessex Mazda)*
- 11th – 12th August, intu Lakeside (partnering with Brayley Grays & Romford Mazda)
- 25th – 26th August, intu Braehead, Glasgow (partnering with Arnold Clark Group)