Volkswagen UK has launched a ‘My Volkswagen’ app which gives owners and would-be customers the chance to configure cars, access their vehicles service records and track workshop bookings.
Accessed via the owners’ section of the Volkswagen UK website, as well as an application for either iOS or Android, the app aims to deliver a smartphone optimised portal that can deliver an end-to-end service for its customers.
The features that the new app supports allows customers to:
- View all of their cars: have sight of their owned, ordered and configured cars in one place.
- Save car configurations and personalised digital brochures.
- Track an ordered car: track the progress of a new car order, with alerts and push notifications.
- View service history: customers can view a list of all past services and MOTs carried out by Volkswagen retailers during their ownership.
- Make a service booking: get alerts of upcoming services and what needs doing from previously deferred work.
- Track a service: follow their car’s service through the workshop.
- Access information and support: view their car’s owner’s manual anytime anywhere.
Teams from across the Volkswagen UK sales, marketing and aftersales departments have been working to refine and develop the first iteration of the new app, which will be followed later this year by the arrival of new versions with even more advanced and convenient functionality.
Volkswagen UK digital marketing manager, Marianne Bearton, said: “Enabling access to owners’ likely interactions with the brand in one handy digital dashboard that can be viewed on the majority of smartphones, or on a computer, was an ambitious aspiration when it was first identified as a target.
“We set about making it a reality and, now, the release of this first version of My Volkswagen marks the culmination of a huge amount of hard work by colleagues from across the entire Volkswagen UK business.”