Aston Martin Lagonda (AML) will open a new Silverstone Test Centre and London office as part of its expansion plans in the UK.
The new test centre will be a hub for prototype vehicle testing, focused on chassis dynamics and high-speed handling.
AM's new London office will give it more space for meetings and events.
Dr Andy Palmer, Aston Martin president and chief executive, said: “The company is now investing for growth across the Aston Martin and Lagonda brands.
“I am particularly pleased that we can now call Silverstone home for dynamic testing and development.”
In 2016, the company announced the creation of a second manufacturing facility located at St Athan in Wales, which is on schedule to start production of a new SUV in late 2019.
With the addition of Silverstone and London, Aston Martin Lagonda will operate out of 10 locations across the UK and by the end of 2022 is set to employ 5,000 people.
Aston Martin Lagonda UK locations
- Chase Point: Purchasing, body-in-white assembly
- Gaydon: Global HQ, design studio, sports car manufacturing, commercial operations, research and development
- London (Dover Street): Brand centre, event space
- London (Soho Square): Commercial operations, event space
- Milton Keynes: Aston Martin Red Bull Racing joint projects, design studio, commercial operations
- Newport Pagnell: Aston Martin Works, continuation series manufacturing
- Silverstone: Testing and development
- St Athan: Large platform vehicle manufacturing, research and development
- Wellesbourne: Special Vehicle Operations, Prototype development
- Wolverton Mill: Parts distribution