Kia Motors UK has launched the MyKia app to give owners access to new services and tools on their mobile phone.
Kia owners will access to several one-click services on the go, including booking a service, click and collect accessory ordering, as well as information on current offers and latest news from the brand.
The MyKia desktop platform currently has over 50,000 active Kia customers and with the introduction of the app, owners can access all the features anytime and anywhere from their mobile phone.
Sanka De Silva, general manager of programmes and marketing services, said: “We’ve launched the MyKia app with the intention of giving our customers access to key services and information at a time and place that suits them.
“With people using their mobile, more and more, the MyKia app allows us to keep up with our customers and what they want. We wanted to reward their loyalty by giving them exclusive access to win Kia hospitality tickets through our many sports sponsorships.”
Kia's development of its app ties into a trend which has seen many OEMs target closer ties with their retail networks customers.
The Mercedes Me app aims to develop its shopping and lifetsyle offering for car owners, while Volkswagen We recently introduced parcel deliveries direct to VW cars.
Earlier this year, meanwhile, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars launched its Whisper customer experience offering, making a number of highly exclusive experiences, events and editorial content available to its customers across the globe via a smartphone app.
The MyKia App includes:
- Book a Service: Users can access their next service date as well as recommended service intervals and directly book a service online with their preferred dealership
- Refer a Friend: Owners can share a unique code with five friends (including family members). As soon as their friend makes a purchase both will be rewarded with an Amazon tech bundle worth over £200
- Owner Manuals and Videos: Owner manuals and quick reference guide videos always available for each car registered
- Essential Vehicle Information and Guidance: All the essential information about the owner’s vehicle is available, including user manuals, quick reference guides and maintenance tips and a detailed section about dashboard indicator warning lights and their explanation
- Book a Test Drive: Users can book a Test Drive with their local dealers
- Useful contacts: Key contacts including local dealership’s details, Kia Customer Services and RAC roadside assistance in the UK and abroad
- Find your Car: Pin the location of your car on a map and use designated ‘maps’ on your phone to navigate
- Exclusive Prize Draws: Notification of new prize draws available to customers – including iPads and Kia Hospitality tickets to the Kia Oval and UEFA Europa League matches as well as a ‘once-in-a lifetime’ trip to attend the Australian Open
The app also allows customers to keep up to date with the latest news about Motor Shows, new technology developments, product launches and worldwide news, as well as the latest news from the RAC and Electric World.
The MyKia app is available for both Android and Apple users and can be found on the appropriate app stores.